Tuesday, April 3, 2012

DIY: Journal

How to make a cheap but oh so lovely journal!


Supplies:
Book or thick papered magazine,
(I used an Ikea textile book)
Sewing machine
white paint
Washi tape
(any images you'd want to sew in or on cover)

1: I ripped out about 16 pages that I liked most
2: Folded them in half
3: I took 4 pages and stacked them onto each other, then sewed that section together
4: I did this until I used all 16 pages and had four mini journals with 4 pages sew together in each.
5: I then sewed post cards and images I liked to the front of each.
(which you can do throughout the whole journal if you'd like.)
6: I then Painted with white over the words and images that I don't care for to create boxes to either journal in or create layers with other old papers or photos I would want to add into my journal. (Also Perfect for list making!)
Almost done..
7: Add tape to edges! All ready to explore the world with!

No comments: