Monday, December 28, 2009

All sides of love...


I will love with an open hand
my vulnerability protects me
not my tight control
there is so much pressure to feel
differently than how i do
but i think these aches are universal
i thought by now i wouldn't feel so unsure about my choices
yet i'm embracing these waves and rocks
i want to touch all sides of love
i am wondering into risk and realizing its ok
i also know i'm here in this chilly wind
still feeling despite my numb fingers
my heart is very much alive...

this year i'm not going to strive so much
to pursue perfection
instead i'm going to soak in life
to fall in love with God
and to serve the ones i encounter
no more pressure or expectation
this day is about pureness
about life
about abandon
about beauty
i breath in deep and know my worth
it floats on the wind
and in the earthy soil below
it lies infused in these drums
all of which are kisses from above...


when i let go of the world around me
and breath into who i am
i can love fully!




The Guest House

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.

~ Rumi ~





No comments: