Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Loves brightest in the dark





You remind me of homespun folk songs
and european landscapes

I thought you'd build a white picket fence
oh id plant some daisies near
I thought wed own a little ranch
and maybe raise some children there


loves brightest in the dark
oh but where the wind blows
and if love were all its measured up to be
maybe darlin you'd be here with me

if I had realized the simplest colors were the brightest
if I had realized i wanted to be your wife
I don't know I would have walked that way
boots drawing me near

You spoke so gentle against the winter sky's
I think you meant it that time
but lucky for me your good at changing your mind
if I had realized youd leave this time


loves brightest in the dark
oh but where the wind blows
and if love were all its measured up to be
maybe darlin you'd be here with me...


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
"rain against my window pane
sliding down
clinging oh so near
that of your lips against my skin
thinness separates
waiting until it breaks
and i can feel its coldness on my fingers tips
out stretched arms
toward the sky
heavenly bodies
we are..."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>


You woke me up again,
today...
The taste of sunshine in your mouth,
beckoning to future days.

(when i'm with you)

Alone in my bed again,
I was asleep,
just asleep.

I did not know you could reach me there.
Its never been done before.
Stillness lived in my dreams
until you.

(you woke me up again...)


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"here i am

release the fetters upon my heart

i desire you

an easy yoke to carry

remain in me

ill keep your word

this i swear

and you will be mine

my beloved

here i am."

No comments: