Tuesday, March 6, 2012

(Good Women Project)

This website was shown to me by a friend this week and it literally changed my life.

I have poured over the thoughts, letter's apologies that fill those pages.

Here is an expert:

I have a hard time imagining a weak women because I don’t know any, because every woman I know is strong in her own way, beautiful in her own way, wonderful in her own way, even if they don’t realize it. Even if someone may have told them otherwise.

And while I believe I am called to fight for you, and as much as I want to, I realize there is more to it than that. Because the truth of the matter is: we are not meant to fight this war for you, we are meant to fight it with you. Partners, teammates, warrior princes and princesses, as a mentor of mine would say.

Because you need us, but we also need you. So, if I could ask anything of you it would just be this:

1. Find better men. Don’t settle for less than what your worth, not from yourself, not from society, and especially not from us. Take it from a nice guy: we exist, please come find us. We’re great listeners.

2. Challenge the men in your lives. We need it. We need to rise the occasion, and we need you to remind us of that, so that we can return the favor.

3. Don’t believe the lies. Because if I’ve learned anything from the women I know, it is that you are all amazing. All lovely, all wonderful, all strong. You are not too much or too little. You are not broken or a waste or worthless.


Sincerely yours,

The nice guy.

(P.s. I have had many men who have been amazing hero's and have exemplified what's described above. But I have also met many men who have not and this letter healed some of that part of my heart, I hope it does to you to. And to any men, I hope it inspires you to love the way you were created to love.)

No comments: